- A R T D O L L S
- Botanically Dyed Decorative Fabric Bird
Botanically Dyed Decorative Fabric Bird
This is a one-of-a-kind fabric swallow made from vintage Lithuanian linen hand-dyed with madder root, then sewed by hand and machine. The color of the fabric is a cross between pale gray and lilac - the result of using an iron "after mordant" when dying the fabric. The beak is made of clay. It is embellished with hand-dyed lace and a few silk appliquées.
This bird has a piece of monofilament attached to it for hanging, but it is easily removed. The options for displaying this one-of-a-kind art piece are many:
- Hang it in front of a window
- Hang it from an indoor plant
- Hang it in a doorway or from the ceiling
- Hang it from a chandelier
- Display it on a shelf, stack of books, console, or coffee table
Dimensions: approximately 8 inches long with a wingspan of about 6 inches. About 1.5 inches "tall."
Materials: linen, polyfill, fusible interfacing, embroidery floss, vintage lace, clay
IMPORTANT: This item is not meant as a toy for small children, as it contains a small part (the clay beak